Top 5 Reasons To Use A Sarasota Realtor
In the current market, homes are selling fast and prices are rising. Here are several reasons why you should reconsider selling your home on your own as a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) and instead using a Sarasota Realtor.
Here are five reasons:
1. There Are Too Many People to Negotiate With
If you decide to For Sale By Owner, here are some people you will have to prepare to negotiate with.
- Buyers that want the best deal they can get
- Buyer’s agent who are there for the best interest of the buyer
- In some parts of the country, the buyer’s attorney
- Home inspection companies that will most likely find problems with the house
- If value is questioned, the appraiser
2. Exposure to Prospective Purchasers
According to a recent study, 88% of buyers look online for a home while only 21% look at newspaper ads. Most real estate agents know how to strategize to promote the sale of a home. Would you know how to promote the sale of your home? Every Sarasota Realtor has a definite internet plan to help to push your property out to the masses as soon as possible.
3. Results Come from the Internet
Where did buyers look for the home that they purchased?
- 43% were found on the internet
- 9% were from a yard sign
- 1% used the newspaper
Nowadays you have to have have a strong internet strategy when selling your home because the days of putting up a sign or putting it in the newspaper are gone.
4. FSBOing has Become More and More Difficult
As industry disclosures and regulations have become mandatory, the paperwork that is involved in selling or buying a home has severely increased.
5. You Net More Money when Using an Agent
Sometimes, homeowners think that by selling their own home they can save the real estate commission. This is the main reason why buyers look at FSBOs. They think that they also can save the real estate agent’s commission.
According to studies, the typical home sold by the homeowner sells for $208,000 while the same home sold by an agent sells for $235,000. This shows that trying to sell your home on your own might not make that much sense.
Remember you might want to consider meeting up with a Sarasota Realtor before you decide to sell your home on your own.